- Must be 16 years old
- 6 months minimum time with the permit
- 50 hours practice driving in driving log
- 6 hours of BTW with instructor (3 lessons, 2 hours each)- student will receive White Card after completion
Students may obtain their permit once they turn 15 years old. Before getting their permit they will need to complete a driver’s education course through a State licensed school (30 hours). They must be at least 14 years old to begin one of these class sessions. After completion they will need to get a blue card from the driving school where they wish to take their behind-the-wheel lessons. Once they are 15 years old, they need to take their State knowledge test online and need a score of at least 80% to pass. After that, they are eligible to head into a local DVS office and complete their Vision Exam and obtain their Learner’s Permit.
- Blue Card
- Birth Certificate (original- no copies)
- Social Security Card
Please schedule online ahead of time.
Things to bring:
- White Card (from driving school)
- Insurance from Vehicle
- Paper driving log (or printed if using App)
We usually ask that a student has 20-30 hours of driving practice before beginning their first behind-the-wheel lesson. It also does usually help to keep one instruction lesson closer to the Student’s actual Road Test date. They can do all three lessons in one week if they want, or they can separate lessons out months apart.
Still Have Questions?
Feel free to give us a call or send us a message.